At Glen Cove Dental , your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpo
- other contagious disease
Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and clinical staff.
- We have installed sneeze guards to protect you and our front staff.
- You will see Dyson fans with filtration and Honeywell purifiers around the office to ventilate and filter the air.
- Our office will communicate with you within 48 hours before your appointment to ask some COVID -19 screening questions.
- At your arrival to our office, you will be asked these same questions again, have your temperature recorded, and be given hand sanitizer to use.
- You will also find hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office, for you to use as needed.
- We will further minimize paperwork in our office and conduct as much business as possible through our digital patient management system.
You may see that our reception room will only have a few chairs and no longer offer magazines or reading material.
We ask that masks be worn by all patients for the entire visit, removing only once you are in the dental chair for your procedure. We will only have one patient at a time in our reception area. Please be patient as we coordinate your arrival and dismissal to minimize patient to patient contact. All family members who do not have an appointment are asked to wait in their cars. For minors, one adult is allowed to accompany them. We will do everything possible to make sure you feel safe and welcome in this new environment. We appreciate your understanding.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.
Please call us at (707) 645-8400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to schedule your future appointment.
We want to thank all of our loyal patients, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please stay safe and well.