Your Trusted Family Dentist in Vallejo
At Glen Cove Dental, we understand the importance of providing every member of your family with the quality dental services they deserve. Our skilled dentists, Dr. Larry Lim and Dr. Jacquie Lim are passionate about providing comprehensive family dentistry in Vallejo, Glen Cove, and Benicia.
If you're searching for effective dentistry you can rely on, our compassionate team is here to help your entire family fulfill their smile goals. We are also available for dental emergencies and provide same-day appointments whenever possible. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!
CALL US: (707) 645-8400 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Why Choose Our Family Dental Practice
Dr. Larry Lim and Dr. Jacquie Lim have decades of experience working with patients age two and up. We offer a personalized approach based on your goals and lifestyle. Your family history can tell us what issues to watch out for so we can provide early intervention.
Our team welcomes your questions and strives to help you make informed decisions regarding your oral health. With our variety of services, you can conveniently schedule appointments for multiple family members in a single day. Whether you are due for a cleaning or your teen needs braces, we have the treatments your family requires available at our practice.
How Oral Health Affects Overall Health
Oral bacteria and severe gum disease (periodontitis) play a role in other health issues. Conditions such as respiratory disease or diabetes can lower your body's resistance to infections, which increases your risk of gum disease.
Misaligned teeth can also affect your feelings of self-esteem if they impact your appearance or ability to speak normally. This can significantly affect your child's social development and lead to minimal participation at school. Our team is dedicated to helping you and your children achieve optimal oral health and a smile you'll be proud to share.
Expert Children's Dentistry
At Glen Cove Dental, we keep a keen eye on your child's development, checking for any sign that they may need preventive care or orthodontic treatments. Our team enjoys working with kids, and we do our best to make visiting our dentist relaxing and fun. Other dental services for children include:
- Preventive Dental Care: Preventive care is an integral part of dentistry. By closely monitoring your child's oral health, we can address problems quickly and avoid future complications.
- Fluoride and Sealants: A dental sealant is a special coating that creates a barrier to prevent food and bacteria from damaging enamel. It is brushed onto your child's most vulnerable teeth, usually the molars. We also apply fluoride to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Pulpotomy: Our dentist may recommend a pulpotomy to treat a severe infection and save your child's afflicted tooth. Baby teeth need to be preserved to maintain developing alignment.
Orthodontics for All Members of Your Family
Having a healthy and properly aligned smile plays an essential role in promoting your overall health and improving your self-esteem. Straight teeth are easier to take care of and keep clean. We offer a wide range of orthodontic care for children, teens, and adults.
Children can benefit from early intervention with Phase I and Phase II orthodontics, spacers, and expanders. We may recommend Invisalign® clear aligners as an alternative to traditional metal or ceramic braces for adults and responsible teens. The aligners can correct mild to moderate misalignment when worn at least 22 hours a day. Depending on the malocclusion severity, we have an appropriate orthodontic solution to give you a straight, healthy smile.
Family Dentistry to Perfect Adult & Senior Smiles
With our restorative dental care and preventive maintenance, you can have a healthy, beautiful smile well into your golden years. We address the common causes of gum disease and provide the right treatments to prevent tooth loss. Our services for adults and seniors include:
- Cleanings & Exams: Our dentist visually examines your mouth for any signs of decay or other oral health issues. We take precise images with digital x-rays to identify underlying problems and perform professional cleanings.
- Scaling & Root Planing: Scaling and root planing is a two-step treatment for gum disease. Scaling removes all the plaque and tartar above and below your gum line. Root planing smooths the surfaces of the root to prevent reinfection and encourage your gums to reattach.
- Root Canal Therapy: We provide root canal treatment to save an infected tooth by eliminating bacteria and preventing reinfection. Our dentist removes the inflamed or infected pulp and carefully cleans the inside of the tooth during root canal therapy.
- Extractions: If your tooth is damaged beyond repair, our dentist performs a gentle extraction. We can also review your options for replacing the tooth.
- Dental Implants: Implants provide a complete restoration and a permanent solution for tooth loss. The post is surgically placed and bonds with your jawbone. Implants can support various dental prosthetics such as a crown, bridge, or denture.
Sedation Dentistry in Vallejo for Children and Adults
Many children, and even some adults, can develop anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist. At Glen Cove Dental, we understand your fears and offer sedation dentistry to reduce stress and discomfort during dental visits. Oral sedation or nitrous oxide can allow you to relax so that treatments can be completed quickly and efficiently. We can provide sedation for children during complex procedures or if they are very nervous.
Comprehensive Family Dental Services in Vallejo
Dr. Larry Lim and Dr. Jacquie Lim have the experience and skill to meet all of your family's dental needs. Our dental team is dedicated to serving Glen Cove, Vallejo, and Benicia families with top-quality services in a relaxing environment. We welcome patients of all ages to our friendly practice and provide personalized, comprehensive care. Our team always stays updated on the newest techniques and technologies to bring you the best care possible. Contact Glen Cove Dental today and make an appointment!
CALL US: (707) 645-8400 REQUEST APPOINTMENT